Medic Flashcards Guide
New Anki User
2) Confirm Email
3) Bro's deck as default
- Hover over '+' shows what groups the decks are shared with.
- If you make changes to a shared deck, you can update the changes for the group by clicking Update Decks (top right)
- Due are previously seen cards which which need reviewing.
- New are previously unseen cards for you to learn.
4) Reviewing cards
- Hotkeys: "space bar" will Show Answer and always the second option from the left, and the number pad "1", "2", "3".
- No Need, Need and Vital allow you to reflect on wether the knowledge is necessary or not
- Again, Good and Easy are for the spaced repetition algorithm to give you facts which you are getting wrong more frequently.
- You'll be shown the card's ranking previous to the rank you just applied, so if it is the first time you've seen the card, you'll be shown "n/r", for "Not Ranked".
- You can see this for 2 other groups of your choosing.
- Report the card can be used if you feel that information is incorrect or the card is poorly made.
- Highlighting words on the card will show you a summary of what the word means.
5) Profile Page
- You can create new groups and add your friends to the groups
- You can also remove yourself from groups here.
- This is where you can choose the 2 groups to see the rankings of while you review cards
- Public Access
- When you create a group, you might want to ensure other people can't be added and only you can add people to the group, if this is the case, you can turn Public Access 'off'.
- Share Link
- A quick way is to add lots of people to a group is by sharing a link. People who click on the link will be added to the group automatically. If you have decks shared with the group, they will be able to access them by clicking "Update Decks" on the home page. The link expires every week.
- This allows you to see who else are members of that group.
- Rank Filter
- When this is set, it will remove cards that you have ranked that haven't reached that threshold. Ranking is on a scale from 0 - 100, with an average "Need" rank equating to 50. The filter will kick in after a card has been ranked 3 times.
- Add Established Deck
- There are some useful and comprehensive decks made by people using Anki Software, on this page you can add them to your collection at the click of a button.
Here you will see a Local and a Public collection. The Local collection searches through all the cards you already have, if you wanted to duplicate / organise them into different decks. The history of cards are maintained independent of what decks they are in. The Public collection is all the flashcards from Zanki, Lightyear and Bros equaling over 50,000 cards. It allows you to search through their cards, and add them accordingly to your decks.
You can also make flashcards here, but it isn't entirely the purpose of the site, I would recommend downloading anki and making cards on there and follow the easy guide on connecting Anki to MedicFlashCards.
Anki User setup
We've created an addon which functions with both Anki 2.0 and Anki 2.1. The addon code is: 1687506559. The addon allows you to;
- Synchronize your decks with your decks online
- Keep ranking cards into "No Need", "Need", and "Vital".
- Filter the Rankings you've assigned your cards
- View the average Rankings assigned by your Group. (Coming Soon)
1. Go tools -> Addons -> Browse and Install. Paste the code here.
2. Restart Anki
3. Go tools -> Medic flashcards
4. Enter your Username and Password (This generates a token) and click connect. You should see a message saying "Successfully Connected".
BEST PRACTICE: Hopefully you will never have to use the Upload / Download buttons because:
- Youll be notified when you start anki if any changes have been deteched online, in which case it will ask if you want to download them.
- Your collection will be uploaded after 10 minutes of inactivity, afterwhich you will be told "Uploaded!" and you can close anki without worrying about version control.
When to use the buttons:
- If you don't have time to wait for the auto upload.
- You need to download your online collection as a backup